President, CIMdata, USA
Peter Bilello, President of the strategic management consulting and research firm CIMdata—an internationally recognized authority on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)—has more than 24 years of experience in the development of business-enabling information technology (IT) solutions for research, engineering, and manufacturing organizations worldwide.
Presenting: Evolving Systems Thinking and Re-design to Support the Shift to a More Circular Economy
25 Feb 2014, 05:00
The time of a linear ‘take, make, dispose’ model is over. To be more cost-efficient and environmentally friendly, huge movements in sustainability are underway throughout industry. This is leading to a more circular economy and Peter Bilello will discuss this shift's implications to technology, strategy and the bottom line.
- Why a circular economy? – reducing resource and energy consumption through a complete operating system re-haul
- Generating an effective strategy and framework for systems-level re-definition
- What are the systems implications of abandoning the linear model?
- Re-designing systems around reuse, recycle and upcycle
- Designing out waste
- Rebuilding capital through enhanced product lifecycle models