PLM Program Senior Manager, Embraer SA, Brazil
Henrique Ladeira is PLM Program Senior Manager at Embraer SA. In this role, he is in charge of deploying a new PLM environment for Embraer in order to integrate Embraer’s extended enterprise; its people, lean processes and technologies throughout the product lifecycle.
Presenting: Panel Discussion: Where Should we Focus Resources to Ensure that PLM is a Successful Long-term Investment?
26 Feb 2014, 02:55
- Understanding that PLM is a learning process and each step should be built upon previous mistakes
- Ensuring active executive support & investment
- Ensuring people get a business solution, not just another system
- Maintaining business commitment and competitiveness
- How do you assure the PLM implementation is not cementing the as-is situation, but is really future proof (and flexible)
- Building a strong data model involving all team reps prior to system configuration
- Getting your solution provider to provide a company specific value stream solution
- Defining a good end user support strategy
- Managing cultural change because political battles are inevitable and most people are not willing to accept change
- Going live step by step - start small and don’t grow too fast in terms of functionality
- Using PLM as a base for collaborating effectively with suppliers and customers
- Implementation across multiple product lines is complicated; what strategies or techniques break the implementation down into manageable chunks and still maintain the business value of PLM?