IT Systems Manager, Airbus Helicopters, Germany
Srinath Thiruvengadam currently acts as IT Systems Manager at Airbus Helicopters, a position he has held since 2006. In this role, Srinath is responsible for projects and applications in IT services for the engineering domain. His interests include CAD, CAE, CAM, PLM/PDM topics.
Presenting: Deploying an Innovative Concept to Tackle Legacy CAD Challenges through Virtualization
25 Feb 2014, 02:30
With development cycles of more than 10 years, Airbus Helicopter has to support its products’ long lifecycles, which means having to work with legacy CAD software. As lifecycles progress, software and hardware become outdated leading to increased costs and inefficiencies. This session will discuss how Airbus Helicopter is innovating to secure design activity in legacy environments on next-generation infrastructure.
- Understanding why hardware and software updates are not always possible in the aerospace and defence industries
- Guaranteeing design continuity, efficient access to original CAD data and ensuring timely certification through legacy CAD environment maintenance
- Why did Airbus Helicopter need a new solution architecture? – reducing workstation maintenance costs and avoiding risky manual migration of data
- Consolidating distributed physical workstations to a fully virtualised IBM PureFlex solution
- Understanding the implications on maintenance, procurement, deployment costs and time
- Supporting simplified usage & management