Professor of Materials Science, University of Manchester, UK
Brian Derby is Professor of Materials Science in the School of Materials. Brian's research spans three of the research groups within the School of Materials: biomaterials, nanostructured materials, ceramics and glasses.
Presenting: 3D Printing: A Global Market Update
26 Feb 2014, 02:15
- Identifying the emergence, and evolution, of 3D printing technology
- Discussing the current state of corporate and mainstream 3D printing
- Who should be using 3D printing now?
- Are there specific industries that 3D printing complements best?
- Who should 3D printing investment lie with in the organisation?
- What are the future benefits of 3D printing for design and manufacture?
- Should you use a 3rd party service or take 3D printing in-house?
- What is the materials palette? Can this be extended?