Senior Manager, Engineering Technology, Global CAE Technologies, Kennametal, Inc, Germany
Georg Nuetzel is Senior Manager, Engineering Technology, Global CAE Technologies at Kennametal, Inc. Georg is one of the project leaders of the SAP PLM implementation and has been directly involved with the selection, integration, and implementation of the global PLM solution.
Presenting: Building a Product Development Platform for a Complex World
25 Feb 2014, 10:50
Successful PLM at Kennametal
Over the last few years, speeding up a product's path to market has become a major focus of manufacturers. At the same time, customers want more innovation and differentiated products. Manufacturers are having to cope with unprecedented complexity when designing products while seeking cost efficiencies.
- Defining a PLM process warehouse to identify strategic needs and benefits
- Identifying the technology that best fits the strategy
- Choosing a phased execution approach to implement the new technology
- Migrating from a mature homegrown legacy system to a standard IT platform: data migration and change management
- Gaining insights into key technical aspects including CAD-CAM integration, overall change process and different user front ends