Engineering Process & Methods Specialist, Airbus Group, UK
Christopher Horler is an Engineering Process & Methods Specialist at Airbus Operations AG. Having worked at Airbus for over 10 years in a variety of Engineering roles, Christopher has gained widespread practical experience in PLM architectures and tools.
Presenting: PLM - A Design Perspective
25 Feb 2014, 12:10
The Role of PLM in Composite Aircraft Assembly and Integration - Challenges, Solutions and Evolution
- Toolset integration - integration or functionality?
- Evolving the design process to allow for multiple party agreements and interfaces to be managed as a group of parts
- Adopting a design for build/assembly approach - evolving the concept and the production process simultaneously
- Design attestation - demonstrating what was designed and manufactured is what was delivered
- Becoming a process-driven organisation - business process improvement
- Monitoring overall PLM process implementation