CEO, Intelliact AG, Switzerland
Uwe Leonhardt is CEO of Intelliact, an independent consulting company formed in 1998. Intelliact focuses on a uniform and integrated use of product data over the whole product lifecycle.
Presenting: Think Tank - Characteristic Repository: Global Product Development with Local Product Configuration
26 Feb 2014, 07:30
Many of the global active companies are in the middle of a product-related transition towards a globally organised and managed company. The business case is to establish an understanding of the product for local markets. Therefore, a common description of the product is essential.
Today’s proceedings don’t fulfil the requirements of globally aligned companies anymore.
- Global R&D has to be based on a generic product structure as well as aligned processes
- The product portfolio has to be described and characterized in order to integrate multiple views, i.e. market / sales view and engineering view
Therefore, the following questions must be discussed:
- How to coordinate product development in relation to global and local requirements?
- How to describe products from a market and an engineering point of view?
- How to integrate the two views?
- How to provide globally aligned characteristics within your IT tool landscape (PDM/ERP/Configurator/Shops etc.)?
Product classification and characterisation are key for global development and production in today's globalised environments.